Flabby or fat arms can lower your self-confidence and your upper body shape. Both women and men may have the problem of flabby arms at one point in time. Sometimes this is due to genetics which makes us search on the internet for how to lose arm fat.
Lucky for all of us, there are some arm fat workouts that can help to get rid of arm fat. However, you must combine these arm fat exercises with a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Before we proceed to how to lose arm fat with exercises.
Have you ever thought of what causes arm fat? I bet you, most of you haven’t. Anyway, you are about to find out.
The first thing you should know is that arm fat is common in women than men. This is due to the fact that men do more heavy lifting and strenuous work than women.
According to a study in University of New South Wales,It’s a paradox that has flummoxed women for generations-women store fat more efficiently than men, despite the fact that they eat fewer calories.
If you’re looking for how to lose arm fat, you need to first know its exact cause. The major causes of arm fat include:
Causes of Arm Fat
It might be a common genetic problem in your family. Just observe older family members like your mum, aunties, grandmother as well as relatives including your cousins to see if they also have arm fat.
If you are overweight which can be because of poor diet or lack of exercise, there is a high chance you will have flabby arms.
This is because the extra fat in your body will have to store up somewhere and the arms are common places in the body where excess fat store up.
Poor Muscle Tone
If you have a healthy weight and you still have chubby or flabby arms, it is simply because of lack of muscle tone, which is also known as hypotonia
Most people including you want to know how to lose arm fat. This is because in doing so; they reduce their overall body fat percentage which leads to improving health.
Another reason why people to reduce arm fat is for cosmetic purpose. Losing arm fat improves their overall appearance.
Moving forward, there are 3 major ways to get rid of flabby arms. I will be expatiating on each of them below.
You May Like This: 11 Best Flat Stomach Exercises to Lose Belly Fat in a Week at Home
Ways to Get Rid of Flabby Arms
First one is staying on a healthy diet. Chances are you have arm fat because you are overweight, and you are overweight because you are on a poor and unhealthy diet.
So to lose flabby arms, you need to eat a healthy and balanced diet. Your diet should include; proteins, low-glycemic carbohydrates, unsaturated fats, vegetables, fruits and a lot of water.
Avoid junk food, soda, chocolate, alcohol, saturated fats, sugary foods high-glycemic carbohydrates and other kinds of food that lead to excess weight.
Your major motivation should be the fact that a healthy diet can burn arm fat fast.
However, this is very expensive and can be quite painful. Most surgeons don’t perform this surgery on people that are overweight because it doesn’t produce the best results most times.
They prefer to operate on those who have just lost a lot of weight; like 100 or 200 pounds.
This is because for those people that are too have obese surgery is the easiest and fastest method way to lose weight.
Arm Fat Workouts
The most effective and natural way on how to lose arm fat is by engaging in arm fat workouts. There are a lot of people of healthy weight that still have arm fat.
If you are one of such people, arm fat workouts plus cardio are the best option for you to tone your arms and reduce arm fat.
In fact, combining these workouts with a healthy diet will help burn arm fat fast. Now, it’s time to find out how to lose arm fat by engaging in workouts.
How to Lose Arm Fat Fast in a Week – 9 Arm Fat Workouts
These arm fat workouts are your answers to ‘how to lose arm fat fast in one week? Engage in them diligently every day for best and fast results:
Here are what you will need for these arm fat workouts:
- Resistance Bands
- Yoga Mat
- Bench or chair
- Counter or table
1. One Arm Triceps
You can perform this exercise without using any equipment. It helps to burn fat in your triceps (the back part of your arm).
- Sit on the ground with your legs and feet placed together.
- Put hands on the ground. Keep them shoulder-width apart.
- Make sure your fingers are pointing toward your hip region.
- Ensure you keep your feet firmly on the ground while bending your knees & straightening your arms (to raise your hips).
- Bend your right arm as you still keep your left arm straight.
- Then begin to lower hips towards the ground and back up.
- Alternate your arms and repeat the entire process to complete a rep.
- Do 10 to 15 reps every day.
2. Lateral Plank Walk
If you want to lose arm fat in as fast as one week, this is the workout you should be engaging. Lateral plank walk works on your arm muscles. It helps to tone your arms and burn excess fat.
- Go down on the ground and take up the plank position just like you were about to start a push-up.
- Place your feet and legs together then move your right arm and right leg slightly outwards.
- Then move your left arm and left leg slightly outwards such that your feet are together and you are back to your starting position.
- Make your abs uptight in the direction of your spine and pelvis.
- Then reverse your direction by taking 3 steps towards the opposite direction and repeat to complete a rep.
- Do 10 reps every day.
3. Counter Push-Ups
This is very similar to the normal push-up. The only difference is that you will need a counter or table to perform this one. It is very effective for getting rid of arm fat.
- Keep your feet side by side. Then put your hands on the counter or table, a little bit wider than the distance between your shoulders.
- Make sure your shoulders and back are straight while exerting a lot of pressure on both of your arms.
- Begin to do push-ups, lowering towards the counter or table and back up.
- Do this 10 times for a complete set.
- Perform 5 sets every day to lose chubby arms in one week.
You May Like This: 10 Best Shoulder Exercises to Tone and Lose Arm Fat Fast
4. Arm Rotation
This is the simplest workout on this list but it is also one of the most effective if you intend to burn arm fat fast in one week. You may need 1-liter water weight to perform this exercise.
- Standard upright and hold half a liter bottle filled with water in each of your hands.
- Begin to rotate your arms. First rotate them clockwise, and then begin to rotate them anti-clockwise.
- Do each rotation for one minute to complete a rep.
- Perform 10 to 15 reps every day.
5. Arm Twisting
Doing arm twisting is how to get rid of arm fat. It is one of the easiest and most effective arm fat workouts. It helps you lose flabby arms.
- Stand upright and lift your arms outwards just like you are about to hug somebody.
- Make sure your arms remain completely straight.
- Then twist arms such that your palms begin to face the ceiling.
- Twist arms again, this time at a horizontal axis till your palms begin to face towards the ceiling again.
- Return to your starting position and repeat the entire process until you get tired.
- Do this 4 times a week for quick results.
- Make sure you don’t over exert your arms.
- This is because this workout causes extremely sore muscles the following day.
You May Like This: How to Get Rid of Armpit Fat-Try These 10 Best Exercises
6. Alternating Dumbbell Curls
If you are looking for how to lose arm fat in your biceps, then this workout is for you.
- Hold a 5kg weight in each of your hands and stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your arms slightly and your palms inwards, facing towards your body.
- Bring your left arm up slowly toward your shoulder.
- Then lower your arm back down.
- Repeat the same movement, this time with your right arm.
- Continue alternating movement between your left arm and right arm till you get tired.
- Do this every day.
7. Resistance Band Biceps Curl
This is another workout that targets the front of your upper arms. You need a resistance band for this exercise.
- Place both of your feet on a resistance band.
- Grab both ends of the resistance band using your hands and hold it out.
- Make sure the resistance band is not slack.
- Then curl arms towards your shoulders, as if you are stretching or pulling the resistance.
- Begin to lower arms slowly and in a controlled manner.
- Do this for as long as you can and repeat every day.
If you want to know more about resistance band exercises check out this article-10 Best Resistance Band Exercises for Legs and Glutes
8. Dips Biceps Exercises
Have you been wondering how to lose arm fat located in your triceps and biceps? Wonder no more. This exercise is just perfect for you.
- Sit on a bench or chair. Straighten your arms then place your hands on the bench or chair just next to your hips.
- Extend both of your legs outward just in front of you.
- Then lift your butt off the chair or bench. You are now in your starting position.
- To perform this workout, lower your butt and bend your elbows towards the ground.
- Push up till your arms become straight. This makes one rep
- Repeat 8 to 10 times every day.
The triceps kickback works on the back of your upper arms (triceps).
- Go down to the ground on your knees and hands. Grab a weight using your left hand.
- Lift up your left elbow till your upper arm and your back are at the same level.
- You are now in your starting position.
- Move the raised arm to the back till your elbow, hand, and shoulder form a straight line.
- Lower your left arm back to your starting position slowly and in a controlled manner.
- Switch to your right arm and repeat the entire process to complete a set.
- Do 8 to 10 sets every day.
There are several other arm fat workouts you can do to get rid of arm fat. However, from experience and research, these 9 workouts above are quite effective.
If you strictly and diligently adhere to their directions. You will lose arm fat by doing them.
Did you know that you can do yoga to burn arm fat fast?
Funny story, I once asked a friend of mine how did she lose her arm fat. She had arm fat a few weeks before I asked this question and as of the time of asking, it was all gone.
Guess what she said, Yoga!
So how can you reduce flabby arms with yoga?
Yoga Poses for Arm Fat
A lot of people assume that you do yoga only to relax. But that assumption is totally wrong. Yoga is effective in losing overall body weight including arm fat.
I advise you begin with the easier poses before moving to the difficult ones.
Yoga poses to lose get rid of arm fat include:
- Downward Dog Yoga Pose
- Plank Pose
- Crow Pose
- Upward Dog Pose
- Dolphin Pose
Do you like to know more about how to use yoga for weight loss? Check this article- 15 Best Yoga Asanas for Beginners to Lose Weight Fast
You May Like These:
- How to Lose Weight from Stomach; Get Flat Belly Fast
- 30-Day Weight Loss Plan; Lose 20 Pounds in 30 Days
- How to Lose Weight in Your Boobs in a Week
- Easy Exercises to Lose Upper Thigh Fat in 7 Days
- Weight Loss Tips for Men-15 Fast Weight Loss Tricks
The Bottom Line…
These are some of the best arm fat exercises to burn arm fat fast. As long as you engage in these exercises every day according to the directions, you will begin to see positive results in less than 2 weeks. These arm fat workouts are very effective.
Combine these workouts with a healthy diet and lose chubby arms in no time. It’s time to look good. Don’t forget to come back to share your experiences with us in the comments section.
Also, let us know if you know other ways to lose arm fat naturally.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read our affiliate policy.