Ad Clicks :Ad Views : Ad Clicks :Ad Views :

    The Basics Of The Diet “If It Fits Your Macros” (IIFYM)

    This diet is an amazing choice for the persons who want to stuff their face with all types of cookies, donuts, candy, ice cream, pizzas, burgers and all types of junk food, and still have the ability to lose weight. It sounds unbelievable, doesn’t it? However, it’s true.

    The beauty for the IIFYM is that unlike the other types of diets that only limit your food choice and they give you a strict meal plan during the day, it gives you the freedom to eat anything you want during the days that are provided that it fits your macro goals for the day. The IIFYM diet is designed for those who want to either build muscle or to gain fat, and that is the reason why it became so popular among numerous personal trainers and professional bodybuilders.

    In case you are wondering what “macros” are, that is the short term for macronutrients, like carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, which are the most important ingredients for our body, and if it doesn’t have it, it cannot function. If you calculate how many macros you are going to need for a specific day that you will be able to eat whatever you want in moderate amounts and you will still be able to reach your fitness goals.

    Going deeper!

    1. At the beginning of this diet you should calculate the exact number of macros that you want to reach every day of the diet. You can do this by using the online calculator that can calculate the number of calories and the amount of carbohydrates, protein and fats that you will need for the day. The online calculator takes into account your weight, how physically active you are, your height and the goals that you are after. You can find this type of calculator on iifym.comWhen you calculate your macros you are going to see how flexible you can be during the day considering your choice of food.
    2. When you do that, the next thing to do is to get yourself a journal and to keep track of all the things that you eat and measure the amount of the food that you are eating and ensure you are not overeating. Keeping a journal is going to show you the types of food you can eat to reach your macro goals and so you could also measure the quantities with some food scales or different on-line mobile apps.

    You can try “My Fitness Pal” which is an app where you can search an enormous database for countless food products, and even restaurant meals. It’ is customizable, you will be able to enter your own foods and there is also a bar-code scanning option which is going to automatically enter the calories and macros of the product that you scanned. Studies showed that people who are tracking their food intake have a tendency to subconsciously decrease their caloric intake.

    1. IIFYM is not going to force you to eat clean foods only, it will also allow you to consume foods deemed “not so clean”, but it’s always going to keep you accountable that you don’t go over your caloric goals. In addition, it’s not about having the ability to eat junk food as much as you please as some people consider it to be. It is mostly about finding the correct balance, and making the process of dieting more sustainable in the long-term.

    As we said, some people think that IIFYM is about eating junk food to reach their macro goals. As an alternative, it’s about eating the foods that you like in moderation. The IIFYM diet also allows you to search for some new food choices and help you reach your fitness goals by simply following the 80/20 rule. This means to get 80 percent of your daily calories from the unprocessed, whole foods and the other 20 percent from treats.

    Conclusion

    When you are following the IIFYM diet you do not have to put a limit on the foods that you like. This diet is about balancing between enjoying life and having good nutrition habits. This diet approach is able to help you reach the physique of your dreams and at the same time be able to enjoy in delicious food. And when you start enjoying the thing that you are doing, it’s not a diet anymore, it becames a lifestyle.

    Read more about ketogenic dieting in this article: The Ketogenic Startup

    Sharing is Caring !!

    1 Shares
    It is main inner container footer text